So today I got a shipment from ebay (which is not such a rare occasion :D )
I've got 100 3v CR1616 batteries and a mickey mouse shaped cookie cutter and much more swag.
I know it's seems random items but that's me..
I like going over ebay store pages and just grab cheap stuff that I think could be useful somehow.
And I've had an idea while watching the new episode of Gothem, A platform that creates a "Mickey Mouse" figure on the ceiling or the wall.
I've made a first draft quickly just to test the idea so that's my other ingredients :
- 1 Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- 1 3v CR1616 battery
- 1 LED, the brighter the better
- electric tape
- scrap cardboard, I've used a back of something I've bought recently I always save those for projects and working area padding.
Because LED's can usually work with a voltage of 1.7v-5v the led should light up without any problems.
Just remember that the long leg of the led is the + and the short is the -
So when connecting to the battery lookout for that.. otherwise it won't light up
Here's a super bright led with the battery between it's legs
The whole hookup :
And how it looks without light :
My thoughts about it:
- Need to create some closure like a box or a pipe so that the light won't spread out and will only be containted in the closure so it will highlight the shape of the cookie cutter
- Maybe try more LEDs or different colors
- Get a camera that shoots well in low light environment
Because of this I've now ordered a Batman shaped cookie cutter so expect an update :)
Hope you enjoyed it!
See you next time :)